ONE DROP

10.11.10

My Belly's Full

Sitting in front of me is my moms homemade lasagna, it's fully loaded. I didn't grow up on this, it's something she just now discovered! But I do enjoy it! There's a sense of comfort and fimiliarity. I've ask myself if it's my favorite, I can't answer that question!

I've fell in love with west African food. Places like Senegal, Ghana and Ivory Coast, then quickly got a divorce (ok in some cases maybe not quick enough). After 5years I still haven't travelled far from this region of Africa, I guess I still just haven't learned my lesson.

I frequently eat foods from the horn of Africa. I think it's the place where the food is "the best"!!?? Atleast my taste buds think so.
Many Ethiopian dishes leave me in a state of mind that's so contant. I'm fimiliar with it, even though I grew up in north america I was raised on these types of dishes, and they are all colorful and tasteful and very appeling to ones eyes, it speaks to my soul.

Somali food I don't real know too well but I've tasted it once and fell in love, then "she ran away"

In Canada we don't have Soul food or atleast the real deal soul food, however here in America oh you can get your hands on some really good soul food, the thing is, it confuses me, there are things that look just like dishes I know but don't taste the same at all, still very good but it throws me off abit, than you can have arguments for days on where to get the best candy yams from! Lately I've been staying away from it, (I think I'll taste a little bit tomorrow or the next day)

I've heard so many things about "real" French food, but to be total honest I've never "really" had it before! It's been around for years I know but so have the foods that excite me, infact they been around longer!! I've never felt comfortable around it, our conversation would always be akward, to the point that I would just be silent. Sitting infront of it and not taking one bit for the simple reason that, "she was never taking to me, just talking, but not to me"!!
Plus I can't get over the fact that everything is eaten with a knife and fork!
Of course it had to be the French to ruin something so good and liberating as to it with your hands...

No comments: