ONE DROP

6.4.08

Personal Thoughts..

I find myself dancing between 2 chairs..
One is Wood , polished , the Foundation,..Africa. The Other is Metal, sleek and shiny ... Europe.
I find myself comfortable certain days in the Wood , and sometimes totally at my ease in the Metal .
I find myself despising both sometimes, not knowing where to seat.
Sometimes I want to seat in the Wood but she, herself, tell me I have no business seating there, Then I want to hold on to my Sleek little one, That shiny Metal, ..and she tells me , to get out, letting me slide off my seat ,not willing to catch me.
I find myself dancing between those 2 chairs since birth, since the Metal allowed me to comfortably rest on her as a new born, but found me too difficult to handle as I was growing up and was looking back towards the Wood.
I find myself dancing again when , trying to seat comfortably in the Wood, she asked me to go back to my Metal ways , because the neat polish of the Wood couldn't be understood by such a Shiny girl like me..
I find myself dancing over and over again
I find myself trying to create my own chair, mere imitation of the Wood , and pale copy of the Metal
I find myself trying to choose a seat but I can't ,so I stand up.
I find myself standing up for my rights to be both Wood and Metal.

No comments: